Sowerby Green.
The Rushcart Pub on the left was formerly known as the Star Inn (1992?). It was here in the early 19th century John 'Almighty' Whiteley, a local Constable, lay preacher and something of a character, married the widowed landlady. In 1837, he rebuilt a cottage adjoining the pub (which still remains, adorned with curious grotesques) to hold preaching meetings - the sale of liquor was suspended while these were in progress.
The space in front of the cars in the centre is the old churchyard of Sowerby Congregational Church which was demolished in 1980 (founded 1721).

Sowerby Green