Foundry Street Foundry Street, once the home of the towns iron foundry, long since gone. The building on the left was a Methodist Mission, built in 1881 to provide meals and social care to the poor millworkers and their families at this end of town. It is now a youth and community centre run by Calderdale Council.

The street nowadays is used as a shortcut from Sowerby New Road to the A58, as well as a means for the local buses to turn round at the end of their route.